Man tries to immolate self outside DGP office
By Express News Service - HYDERABAD
18th November 2012 08:39 AM
After informing a few TV channels that he would commit suicide due to harassment by Uppal police, a witness in a murder case doused himself with kerosene and set himself on fire in front of the director general of police (DGP) office here on Saturday. However, the security staff at the office foiled the bid.
According to Saifabad inspector V Umender, Vamsi Krishna Choudhary, a businessman from East Godavari district is one of the witnesses of the murder of one Jagadeswar Reddy. He has been staying in Uppal for the past one year.
Vamsi Krishna called some of news channels in the city at around 1.30 p.m. on Saturday and said he would commit suicide in front of the DGP’s office due to police harassment. He then rushed to the DGP office, doused himself with kerosene and tried to set himself on fire.
However, the security staff at the main gate of the DGP office foiled his suicide attempt. Police shifted Vamsi to a nearby hospital.
According to the police, Vamsi Krishna alleged that the Uppal police and Praveen Reddy, a corporator and the brother of the deceased, were compelling him to give wrong statement before the court.
Later, police registered a case against Vamsi Krishna for attempting suicide.
- Not a drop of Cauvery for people on its banks
- Powerless villages hang on to hope
- Dalit discrimination 'forms' in colleges
- Marine turtles giving Kerala a miss
- Shortage of essential TB drug heightens risk to patients, others
- Four years of UPA-II
- Nine years as PM: What will be Manmohan Singh's legacy?
- Maharashtra’s aid to digitise rare manuscripts in Thanjavur
- CM can go his way: Ramesh Chennithala
- Names of UPA ministers will surface in IPL spot-fixing: Swamy
- Knowledge and faith
- BSNL Ernakulam posts Rs 390-crore turnover
- BrahMos missile test fired from Russian warship
- Yasin Malik’s support for Sri Lanka Tamils a sham
- Incredible India! Cuppa at Rs 1,200 is Chiru’s idea of sustainable tourism
- Spot-fixing: CSK owner's relative under police scanner for Vindu connection