Asad blames Kiran for violence
By Express News Service - HYDERABAD
17th November 2012 09:04 AM
Squarely blaming chief minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy for the violence that shook the Old City on Friday, MIM MP Asaduddin Owaisi said that peace in the area depended solely on the chief minister.
“Kiran Reddy is personally responsible for the violence today. It is a tradition for Muslims to offer salaam at the Chilla (in Charminar). Had they allowed them to offer it, there would have been no problem,” Owaisi told Express.
The MIM supremo further said that the government acted in a haphazard and biased manner by not allowing the Muslims to offer prayers at the chilla.
“A curfew-like situation is prevailing in old city. The way the innocents were thrashed by policemen shows the bias,” Owaisi said.
Hyderabad: Home minister P Sabita Indra Reddy said that the situation was under control in the Old City. Speaking to reporters after reviewing the situation on Friday, the minister said that tight security measures would be taken and called upon people to cooperate with police to restore normalcy in the Old City.
Meanwhile, Andhra Pradesh Congress committee general secretary G Niranjan and his followers submitted a memorandum to the home minister alleging that the Bhagyalaxmi temple row was a deliberate move by the MIM to malign the state government. The leaders urged Sabita to act sternly to restore peace in the violence-hit area.
- India's bleeding insurgencies: Lessons from Latin America
- Western Ghat report has imperialist mindset: Ecologist
- Lot more to India-China ties than border stand-off: Experts
- Major industrial conglomerates making a beeline for Haryana
- Man kidnapped 23 years ago finds kin thanks to Google Maps
- Bangalore's techies start 'brand tattoos' craze
- Indian circuses struggle to adapt after court bans
- Want hassle-free tatkal ticket? Personally visit special counters
- Rs 8K-crore plan for upgrading ICVs of Army
- Man arrested for attempt to attack TV host Ranjini Haridas
- Kalabhavan Mani missing after assaulting forest staff
- Sreesanth, 2 other players 'confess'; more players under scanner
- Tamil Brahmi script dating to 500 BC found near Erode
- Meghalaya's CMJ University faces probe after awarding suspicious PhDs
- Shift me from ‘Anda’ cell, pleads Sanjay Dutt
- The toxic truth about ripe mangoes