Dress Suu Kyi style
By Express Features - HYDERABAD
17th November 2012 11:06 AM
Burmese democratic party leader Aung San Suu Kyi is an icon in a time where iconoc statuses are reserved for a few. Having spent almost 15 years under house arrest, the politician has been on a campaign since her release in 2010. Yet for many, what adds to her iconic status isn’t just the quiet political will to have her way but, the even more understated subtle elegance she seems to exude. The world did go gaga over Pakistan’s Minister of Foreign Affairs, Hina Rabbani Khar but more so for her strikingly pretty looks and brand-enhanced attire. The 67-year old Suu Kyi on the other hand, with her traditional attire has made the Burmese garment synonymous with her, as she did with the floral accessories for her hair.
In the country at the moment, Suu Kyi has been garnering attention from most everybody and as she makes her way to the Anantapur district in the State, we’re wondering how she’s going to turn heads this time.
However, for those who wish they could emulate the fashion sense, the Suu Kyi style statement can shopped online at a fashion website that has a section dedicated to her. Listed under the ‘Suu Kyi Essentials’ section are a tunic top, a maxi skirt, Kebaya top and floral headpiece. It is perhaps a compliment of sorts that the politician ranks higher than Michelle Yeoh under the ‘Dressing up a la Asian female icons’ category.
- India's bleeding insurgencies: Lessons from Latin America
- Western Ghat report has imperialist mindset: Ecologist
- Lot more to India-China ties than border stand-off: Experts
- Major industrial conglomerates making a beeline for Haryana
- Man kidnapped 23 years ago finds kin thanks to Google Maps
- Bangalore's techies start 'brand tattoos' craze
- Indian circuses struggle to adapt after court bans
- Want hassle-free tatkal ticket? Personally visit special counters
- Rs 8K-crore plan for upgrading ICVs of Army
- Man arrested for attempt to attack TV host Ranjini Haridas
- The toxic truth about ripe mangoes
- Shift me from ‘Anda’ cell, pleads Sanjay Dutt
- Jiju Janardhanan’s house in Kannur wears deserted look
- Indefinite strike leaves city parched; mineral water bottles fly off shop shelves
- Sreesanth, 2 other players 'confess'; more players under scanner
- Meghalaya's CMJ University faces probe after awarding suspicious PhDs