Inter-state gang nabbed, 30 lakh goods recovered
By Express News Service - NALGONDA:
16th November 2012 09:09 AM
The central crime station sleuths arrested a seven-member inter-state robber gang and recovered property worth Rs 30 lakh from them on Thursday.
Giving the details to the media here on Thursday, SP Naveen Gulati said the arrested persons included B.
Madhu, M Srisailam, U.
Venugopal Reddy, B.
Rakesh Reddy, Y.
Another gang member B Yadagiri is absconding. One of the arrested M. Venugopal Reddy, owns a DCM van, which is booked by ITC company at Gundla Pochampally in Medchal to transport its goods.
On October 17 when the van was on its way with the ITC prodcuts, the robbers stopped the vehicle at Chowtuppal and shifted the ITC stock to Hyderabad in a auto trolley. Venugopal Reddy had intimated to the other members of the gang about the transportation of goods.
By adopting the same method, the robber gang had earlier committed two robberies.
They robbed 31 cigarette cartons all worth Rs 10 lakh at Yarragandapalem in Prakasam district and in another incident robbed 44 cigarette cartons and 12 cartons of Vivel creams all worth Rs 20 lakh at Koyalagudem in Chowtuppal mandal.
On receipt of credible information N.Ch. Rangaswamy, CCS inspector and his team waylaid and nabbed the seven persons at Toopranpet checkpost while they were proceeding in an auto trolley carrying the stolen property of 60 cigarette cartons and 12 Vivel cream cartons for disposing them at Vijayawada.
- UPA-II anniversary: No honest appraisal
- Woolwich attack provokes anti-Muslim backlash across UK
- Bangladesh allows transit for foodgrains for Northeast India
- Increasing friction between the Chandy and Chennithala factions
- 'Data shows gambling rampant in India'
- Madrasi heart for Pakistani Madrassa teacher
- Somayagam returns after 48 years
- Not a drop of Cauvery for people on its banks