Nellore woman commits suicide in US
By Express News Service - NELLORE/HYDERABAD
03rd November 2012 09:24 AM
A day after a Telugu woman died in a road accident in the US, there was more misery for the NRI community with the suicide of a 28- year-old woman from Nellore district.
Mungala Saritha, a housewife, hanged herself at her home in Sun Prairie City in Dane County, Wisconin on Thursday. A close relative of her family said the cause of Sarita’s suicide was harassment by her husband Sudhir Reddy, a techie employed in the US.
Before committing suicide, Sarita reportedly sent an email to her parents at Buchireddypalem in Nellore district stating that her husband had been having an affair.
News of the suicide plunged Sarita’s father M Srinivasulu Reddy, an employee of FCI, and mother Sumathi into shock. She had flown to the US only last month.
Sarita, a post-graduate in engineering from Banaras Hindu University, married software engineer Sudhir Reddy from Hyderabad in October last year. There was a delay in getting a visa and Sarita went over to join her husband only last month.
Relatives said Sarita wrote back saying she was shocked to know that her husband was having an affair and ordered her to ‘adjust’ or leave. In her communication, Sarita requested that her organs be donated after her death and her ashes immersed in the Ganga.
Relatives of the family said they would lodge a complaint against Sudhir Reddy with the Nellore police.
- India's poor need more purchasing power, not doles
- Japan support sought for Vision 2023
- Rahul aide to pick Nellore MP candidate
- Kerala: PSC guidelines put candidates in a fix
- Dead son's education loan: Bank seeks its pound of flesh
- With Advani visit, Modi begins charm offensive
- Social media goes martial over High Court's marital ruling
- Slum removal scheme tweaked to make it more effective
- Thousands missing near Kedarnath shrine
- Indian Coast Guards help rescue 26 crew from shipwreck near Yemen
- Tata Motors unveils 8 upgraded models of passenger vehicles
- Flaws in Koodankulam plant
- Army Major captures 'UFO' in Kerala
- Prices of 348 drugs to come down drastically from May 15
- 60 killed in Nigerian village attacks
- Callgate: Doctors were prime target for Biju, Saritha Nair