Deadline for profession tax this month
By Express News Service - CHENNAI
06th September 2012 08:08 AM
The Chennai Corporation has sent out a directive, urging those eligible, to pay their profession tax before 30 September. Payment can be made either by cheque or demand draft drawn in favour of the revenue officer, corporation of chennai.
According to C Vijayaraj Kumar, additional commissioner of Revenue and Finance, profession tax is to be paid by all the employees, firms, private establishments and salaried individuals twice a year. “It is compulsory, just like the income tax. But the taxpayer will be eligible for income tax deduction for this payment,” he said. There are no specific penalties for non payment.
- For team Rahul, it’s good politics that will yield rich dividends for poor Indians
- Four years of UPA-II
- Nine years as PM: What will be Manmohan Singh's legacy?
- Maharashtra’s aid to digitise rare manuscripts in Thanjavur
- 'Climate change may spell disaster for coastal economy'
- Lanka’s woman Thavil players fading away
- Pakistan's answer to electricity shortages: Don't wear socks
- All dead, no vultures fly in Andhra now!
- CM can go his way: Ramesh Chennithala
- BSNL Ernakulam posts Rs 390-crore turnover
- Knowledge and faith
- BrahMos missile test fired from Russian warship
- Names of UPA ministers will surface in IPL spot-fixing: Swamy
- Yasin Malik’s support for Sri Lanka Tamils a sham
- Incredible India! Cuppa at Rs 1,200 is Chiru’s idea of sustainable tourism
- Chandy aborted Chennithala’s Cabinet berth: NSS