Laptops for university teachers
By Express News Service - CHENNAI
06th September 2012 07:37 AM
Professors of the University of Madras were appreciated for their dedication and hard work on the occasion of Teachers Day celebrated here, on Wednesday.
Minister of Higher Education and pro-chancellor of the University, P Palaniappan, distributed laptops to the faculty members of the various departments. Awards were distributed to honour several lecturers for their contribution to academics and to the college.
The lecturers themselves were glad to be in the limelight, and enjoyed the day specially set apart for them. One of those present at the gathering said, “It is nice to have appreciation from the management and our peers. It validates our work with the students as well.”
The students of the university also organised a cultural programme to entertain their professors later in the day.
- You are aiming high, but beware of marketers selling you as an FMCG
- Pakistan's Punjab government allocates millions for JuD centre
- Wedlock valid only if consummated: High Court
- Underworld has betting syndicates in vice-like grip
- NCRB report: 1,316 juveniles booked for rape last year
- New Mental Health Bill bans electric shocks, gives right to treatment
- Caste curses Dalit, tribal children to life of slavery beyond borders
- Tiruchendur temple ‘under grip’ of Tirusundarars
- Indian Coast Guards help rescue 26 crew from shipwreck near Yemen
- Now pay less for roaming calls, texts
- Callgate: Doctors were prime target for Biju, Saritha Nair
- Berthing facilities for naval ships
- Several cheating cases against Saritha S Nair
- Imran Khan damaged Pakistan cricket: Aamir Sohail
- Shalu Menon's mother files plaint
- 'Ankur Arora Murder Case' (Hindi)