‘God writes our destiny’
By Prashanti Ganesh
03rd September 2012 09:04 AM
Understanding of god
I don’t think that only certain people, or idols are god. But I do believe that there is a powerful person who takes care of things in this world. God is someone unknown and controls our actions and decisions. He writes our destiny. He’s not in a specific idol or form. God is an invisible power in the form of belief.
Faith in miracles
Miracles do happen. I believe that we’re destined for anything that happens and every decision we take. We’re destined to face a few things that are largely unknown to us. They are already written. We prefer to call them miracles.
I am neither an atheist, nor do I believe that worshipping an idol would get my prayers answered. I indulge in religious practices since I was taught to believe in them. I pray to god to make myself feel better about certain things, even though I don’t believe in idols. God is everywhere. I visit the temple because my mind concentrates on god without distraction there.
I have a strong spiritual belief in anything and everything. It’s just something that happens inside us. Some believe that these things happen only because we prayed. Some don’t believe in anything and live with whatever comes their way. But I believe that there is one person who makes things happen and he gets the vibes from our prayers.
Take on meditation
Meditation is certainly needed. It helps us travel far away and understand things better. Even ten minutes of meditation can make a difference for us. I do not meditate often, but whenever I do, I believe it helps me.
Favourite pilgrimage spot
I don’t have any favourites. The first temple I remember visiting every day as a kid is the Krishna Temple in Gopalapuram. I find this place the most secure spot. This temple alone gives me a different feeling when I walk in. Probably because I grew up visiting it often.
—As told to Prashanti Ganesh (Danush Bhaskar is a city-based photographer and theatre actor)
- For team Rahul, it’s good politics that will yield rich dividends for poor Indians
- Four years of UPA-II
- Nine years as PM: What will be Manmohan Singh's legacy?
- Maharashtra’s aid to digitise rare manuscripts in Thanjavur
- 'Climate change may spell disaster for coastal economy'
- Lanka’s woman Thavil players fading away
- Pakistan's answer to electricity shortages: Don't wear socks
- All dead, no vultures fly in Andhra now!
- CM can go his way: Ramesh Chennithala
- BSNL Ernakulam posts Rs 390-crore turnover
- Knowledge and faith
- BrahMos missile test fired from Russian warship
- Names of UPA ministers will surface in IPL spot-fixing: Swamy
- Yasin Malik’s support for Sri Lanka Tamils a sham
- Incredible India! Cuppa at Rs 1,200 is Chiru’s idea of sustainable tourism
- Chennai Super Kings beat Mumbai Indians, reach IPL finals