Diversions for Independence Day rehearsals
By Express News Service - CHENNAI
08th August 2012 09:39 AM
Ahead of Independence Day rehearsals, City traffic police have announced diversions near Fort St George on August 9, 11 and 13 to ensure free flow of traffic.
The diversions will come into effect on the three days from 6.30 am till closure of the rehearsal sessions. The Kamarajar Salai stretch from Napier’s Bridge to War Memorial, Rajaji Salai stretch from War Memorial to RBI Subway North and the Flag Staff Road will be closed for all vehicular traffic.
Vehicles on Kamarajar Salai, intending to proceed to Parry’s Corner via Rajaji Salai will have to pass through Swami Sivananda Salai, Anna Salai, Muthusamy Bridge, Muthusamy Road, R A Mandram and NFS Road to reach Parry’s Corner.
Motorists moving towards Kamarajar Salai from Rajaji Salai will now have to go via NFS Road, R A Mandram, Muthusamy Road, Muthusamy Bridge, Anna Salai and Wallajah Road.
Those planning to drive to Parry’s Corner or Kamarajar Salai from Muthusamy bridge/Anna Salai via Flag Staff Road, will now have to pass through Muthusamy Bridge, Muthusamy Road, RA Mandram and NFS Road to reach Parrys Corner and Anna Salai and will have to take Wallajah Road to reach Kamarajar Salai.
- For team Rahul, it’s good politics that will yield rich dividends for poor Indians
- Four years of UPA-II
- Nine years as PM: What will be Manmohan Singh's legacy?
- Maharashtra’s aid to digitise rare manuscripts in Thanjavur
- 'Climate change may spell disaster for coastal economy'
- Lanka’s woman Thavil players fading away
- Pakistan's answer to electricity shortages: Don't wear socks
- All dead, no vultures fly in Andhra now!