Largest cake record to be attempted
By Express News Service - CHENNAI
06th August 2012 09:26 AM
City-based event company AMN Global Project will attempt a Guinness Record on August 15. They will bake a 66,666 kg with 66 flavours, which will be cut on Independence Day. R J Rama Narayana, MD, AMN Global Project, said, “This is the first time in Chennai that such an event is going to be conducted. Over 200 bakers are to be involved in the baking on August 13. The cake will be cut by 66 participants who were born on August 15. Sixty six babies are also expected to be born on the same date at government hospitals in the city. We will gift them with gold coins.” He added that they have also invited 66 special guests, some of whom will be freedom fighters.
“The cake will be sold at Rs 750 per kg. The entry is free for those born on August 15 and Rs 599 will be charged for those accompanying them. For those not born on that day, the fee is Rs 799. The money collected will be given to the Tamil Nadu CM Relief Fund and to Ragavendra Temple’s Mantralaya to build a Navaratna chariot,” he added.
- For team Rahul, it’s good politics that will yield rich dividends for poor Indians
- Four years of UPA-II
- Nine years as PM: What will be Manmohan Singh's legacy?
- Maharashtra’s aid to digitise rare manuscripts in Thanjavur
- 'Climate change may spell disaster for coastal economy'
- Lanka’s woman Thavil players fading away
- Pakistan's answer to electricity shortages: Don't wear socks
- All dead, no vultures fly in Andhra now!
- BSNL Ernakulam posts Rs 390-crore turnover
- CM can go his way: Ramesh Chennithala
- Chennai Super Kings beat Mumbai Indians, reach IPL finals
- Names of UPA ministers will surface in IPL spot-fixing: Swamy
- Knowledge and faith
- Incredible India! Cuppa at Rs 1,200 is Chiru’s idea of sustainable tourism
- Yasin Malik’s support for Sri Lanka Tamils a sham
- Suriya storms ahead of Vijay, Ajith online