5 criminals held, pistols, bullets seized
By Express News Service - CHENNAI
05th August 2012 08:45 AM
The city police arrested five notorious rowdies, including those accused of murders, kidnap and attempt to murders, at Ambattur Estate for allegedly robbing a 39-year-old man at gunpoint on Friday. They seized two country made pistols, six bullets and other deadly weapons.
Police said they arrested Karthik alias Arafath Ali (28) of Vyasarpadi, Shafi (38) of Kolathur, Alauddin (41) of Veppampattu, Tiruvallur district, Binu (44) of Kolathur and Satish alias Kulla (27) of Choolai near Milk Colony at Ambattur SIDCO for allegedly robbing one Duraivelan (39), an employee with a tyre company. The man from Kolathur was on his way on First Main Road, Ambattur Estate, when he was intercepted by the five-member gang that robbed him of his money, mobile phone and wrist watch, police said.
Police said the five gang members were notorious as Karthik was accused of kidnapping a businessman in Thiruvottiyur, Shafi, an associate of former history sheeter Vellai Ravi was also accused of kidnapping a businessman at Red Hills, Alauddin was accused in four murder cases and many attempts to murder in 2007, Binu was accused of three murder cases and four attempt to murder cases and Satish was an accomplice of Shafi.
School teacher commits suicide
A 35-year-old government school teacher, who was reportedly taking treatment for mental illness at a private hospital, committed suicide at a private hospital in Kilpauk on Saturday.
Police said Anbarasu (35) of Kalaimagal Nagar, Poonamallee, was a teacher in a government school at Mundiyampakkam, Villupuram district. On Saturday morning, his wife Gomathi had gone out to buy breakfast when he locked himself up in the room and committed suicide by hanging from the ceiling fan, police said. the man hanging. Police were investigating.
- The Woolwich 'beheading' is straight out of al-Qaeda's terror manual
- Not a drop of Cauvery for people on its banks
- Dalit discrimination 'forms' in colleges
- Marine turtles giving Kerala a miss
- New mango named Nirbhaya after gang-rape victim
- Shortage of essential TB drug heightens risk to patients, others
- Four years of UPA-II
- Nine years as PM: What will be Manmohan Singh's legacy?
- CM can go his way: Ramesh Chennithala
- Names of UPA ministers will surface in IPL spot-fixing: Swamy
- Knowledge and faith
- BrahMos missile test fired from Russian warship
- BSNL Ernakulam posts Rs 390-crore turnover
- IPL ban, takeover of BCCI sought
- Spot-fixing: CSK owner's relative under police scanner for Vindu connection
- IPL Eliminator: Brad Hodge helps Royals beat Sunrisers