65-year-old found dead in tank
By Express News Service - CHENNAI
04th August 2012 07:58 AM
The body of a sexagenarian, who was reported missing since Wednesday, surfaced in the water tank of a theatre where she was working as a housekeeping staff on Friday.
Police said that Parvathi, (65), of Jafferkhanpet, who is a native of Aathur in Salem, did not return home on Wednesday. Her son Murugan had filed a complaint with the police. On Friday evening, another housekeeping staff, who was cleaning the terrace felt the stench emanating from the water tank. She found a gunny bag inside the tank, and immediately alerted the theatre management. Police was subsequently informed and the body was taken out.
Preliminary investigations suggest that Parvathi could have been murdered for gain, as all of her valuables were missing. Strangulation marks were also found.
A case had been registered. The body has been sent to Royapettah GH for post-mortem.
- You are aiming high, but beware of marketers selling you as an FMCG
- With Advani visit, Modi begins charm offensive
- Social media goes martial over High Court's marital ruling
- Slum removal scheme tweaked to make it more effective
- Ready to tune in the lord, catch him up on Twitter
- 95 per cent stolen goods not recovered in Kerala, says NCRB
- Karnataka MLAs were frugal in their poll spending
- Now talcum powder linked to ovarian cancer
- Indian Coast Guards help rescue 26 crew from shipwreck near Yemen
- Thousands missing near Kedarnath shrine
- Army Major captures 'UFO' in Kerala
- Callgate: Doctors were prime target for Biju, Saritha Nair
- Learnt to embrace simplicity from SRK: Puvisha
- Prices of 348 drugs to come down drastically from May 15
- Congress to vote in Nitish government's favour today
- Congress raking up secularism issue to hide its failures: BJP