CBI raids dental college MD's house
By Express News Service - CHENNAI
22nd January 2013 07:29 AM
Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) officials on Monday searched the residence of Adhiparasakthi Dental College’s managing director Srilekha here and claimed to have seized incriminating documents.
Sources said a team of CBI officials searched the house on Sardar Patel Road, Adyar after obtaining a court order.
The house had remained locked ever since four persons, including a Dental Council of India (DCI) member and a college staff member, were arrested.
On January 8, DCI member Dr Murugesan, MLA T Palani, college administrative officer K Ramabadran and Adhiparasakthi Trust member R Karunanidhi were caught demanding and handing over `25 lakh to obtain DCI approval for introducing a post-graduate course.
A few days after their were nabbed, the CBI arrested Dr Gunaseelan Rajan, president of the Tamil Nadu Dental Council. Sources said Dr Gunaseelan confessed to have accepted the bribe.
- The Woolwich 'beheading' is straight out of al-Qaeda's terror manual
- Not a drop of Cauvery for people on its banks
- Dalit discrimination 'forms' in colleges
- Marine turtles giving Kerala a miss
- New mango named Nirbhaya after gang-rape victim
- Shortage of essential TB drug heightens risk to patients, others
- Four years of UPA-II
- Nine years as PM: What will be Manmohan Singh's legacy?
- Names of UPA ministers will surface in IPL spot-fixing: Swamy
- Knowledge and faith
- CM can go his way: Ramesh Chennithala
- BrahMos missile test fired from Russian warship
- IPL ban, takeover of BCCI sought
- Spot-fixing: CSK owner's relative under police scanner for Vindu connection
- IPL Eliminator: Brad Hodge helps Royals beat Sunrisers
- BSNL Ernakulam posts Rs 390-crore turnover