CBI raids dental college MD's house
By Express News Service - CHENNAI
22nd January 2013 07:29 AM
Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) officials on Monday searched the residence of Adhiparasakthi Dental College’s managing director Srilekha here and claimed to have seized incriminating documents.
Sources said a team of CBI officials searched the house on Sardar Patel Road, Adyar after obtaining a court order.
The house had remained locked ever since four persons, including a Dental Council of India (DCI) member and a college staff member, were arrested.
On January 8, DCI member Dr Murugesan, MLA T Palani, college administrative officer K Ramabadran and Adhiparasakthi Trust member R Karunanidhi were caught demanding and handing over `25 lakh to obtain DCI approval for introducing a post-graduate course.
A few days after their were nabbed, the CBI arrested Dr Gunaseelan Rajan, president of the Tamil Nadu Dental Council. Sources said Dr Gunaseelan confessed to have accepted the bribe.
- Madrasi heart for Pakistani Madrassa teacher
- Somayagam returns after 48 years
- The Woolwich 'beheading' is straight out of al-Qaeda's terror manual
- Not a drop of Cauvery for people on its banks
- Dalit discrimination 'forms' in colleges
- Marine turtles giving Kerala a miss
- New mango named Nirbhaya after gang-rape victim
- Shortage of essential TB drug heightens risk to patients, others
- CBSE results likely to be out in 4-5 days
- There is betting link even in Sree's company
- Sushma upset at Modi role, walks out of BJP meet
- Sahara Group accuses the BCCI of Betrayal
- Bride-to-be found with head smashed
- 56,700 Indians face deportation from Saudi Arabia: Khurshid
- CBSE kids in fix as colleges begin enrolling
- Top LeT militant killed in encounter