CBI raids dental college MD's house
By Express News Service - CHENNAI
22nd January 2013 07:29 AM
Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) officials on Monday searched the residence of Adhiparasakthi Dental College’s managing director Srilekha here and claimed to have seized incriminating documents.
Sources said a team of CBI officials searched the house on Sardar Patel Road, Adyar after obtaining a court order.
The house had remained locked ever since four persons, including a Dental Council of India (DCI) member and a college staff member, were arrested.
On January 8, DCI member Dr Murugesan, MLA T Palani, college administrative officer K Ramabadran and Adhiparasakthi Trust member R Karunanidhi were caught demanding and handing over `25 lakh to obtain DCI approval for introducing a post-graduate course.
A few days after their were nabbed, the CBI arrested Dr Gunaseelan Rajan, president of the Tamil Nadu Dental Council. Sources said Dr Gunaseelan confessed to have accepted the bribe.
- You are aiming high, but beware of marketers selling you as an FMCG
- With Advani visit, Modi begins charm offensive
- Social media goes martial over High Court's marital ruling
- Slum removal scheme tweaked to make it more effective
- Ready to tune in the lord, catch him up on Twitter
- 95 per cent stolen goods not recovered in Kerala, says NCRB
- Karnataka MLAs were frugal in their poll spending
- Now talcum powder linked to ovarian cancer
- Indian Coast Guards help rescue 26 crew from shipwreck near Yemen
- Thousands missing near Kedarnath shrine
- Army Major captures 'UFO' in Kerala
- Learnt to embrace simplicity from SRK: Puvisha
- Callgate: Doctors were prime target for Biju, Saritha Nair
- Prices of 348 drugs to come down drastically from May 15
- Congress to vote in Nitish government's favour today
- Flaws in Koodankulam plant