7 ways to achieve inner peace
By Sri Sri Ravishankar - CHENNAI
02nd January 2013 08:41 AM
As we are entering the new year, let us all make a resolution to become aware of the peace that lies within us and allow our smiles to reflect the true sign of this prosperity within. Here are seven ways to do it.
Give the divine a chance, and be grateful:
This year, let devotion flower to its fullest and give it a chance to work. Our love, faith and belief should be deep rooted, and then everything else moves on its own. The feeling that “I am blessed” can help you overcome any failure. Then all the complaints, grumbling and insecurities disappear and you become grateful, content and peaceful.
Take out time for yourself: Every day take out time for yourself to think and reflect, because it improves the quality of your life. Sit for a few minutes, eyes closed, and kick the world away like a ball.
Know the impermanence of life:
See the impermanence in this life. Millions of years have passed and millions will come and pass. Nothing is permanent. Just open your eyes and ask; who am I? What is my lifetime? Awareness dawns, you will stop worrying about little things and be able to live every moment of your life.
Do random acts of kindness:
Make a commitment to make this world a better place to live. Do some acts of kindness without expecting anything in return. Service brings contentment in life. When you bring some relief to someone through selfless service, good vibrations come to you and your true nature.
Make your smile cheaper:
Every morning, look at the mirror and give a good smile to yourself. Usually, you give your anger freely and smile rarely as though a smile is costly. Make your smile cheaper and anger expensive! When you smile all your muscles and the nerves in your brain relax. It gives you the confidence, courage and energy to move on in life.
Make meditation a part of life:
Stress and restlessness can only be released through a few minutes of meditation which brings deep rest and makes you more dynamic in activity. What is meditation?
Mind without agitation
Mind in the present moment
Mind that has no hesitation, no anticipation
Mind that comes back home to the source, which is peace and joy.
Be a student:
Know that you are a student forever. Do not underestimate anybody. Knowledge may come to you from any corner. Each occasion teaches you & each person teaches you. The world is your teacher. When you are always looking to learn, humility will dawn in your life. Wish you all a very happy and peaceful new year.
- India's bleeding insurgencies: Lessons from Latin America
- Western Ghat report has imperialist mindset: Ecologist
- Lot more to India-China ties than border stand-off: Experts
- Major industrial conglomerates making a beeline for Haryana
- Man kidnapped 23 years ago finds kin thanks to Google Maps
- Bangalore's techies start 'brand tattoos' craze
- Indian circuses struggle to adapt after court bans
- Want hassle-free tatkal ticket? Personally visit special counters
- Rs 8K-crore plan for upgrading ICVs of Army
- Man arrested for attempt to attack TV host Ranjini Haridas
- Kalabhavan Mani missing after assaulting forest staff
- Sreesanth, 2 other players 'confess'; more players under scanner
- Tamil Brahmi script dating to 500 BC found near Erode
- Meghalaya's CMJ University faces probe after awarding suspicious PhDs
- Shift me from ‘Anda’ cell, pleads Sanjay Dutt
- The toxic truth about ripe mangoes