I salute you, SC-bound Eqbal tells HC lawyers
By Express News Service - CHENNAI
22nd December 2012 08:17 AM
Lawyers are the main architects of the Republic of India and they play a major role in the enforcement of law, Chief Justice MY Eqbal said on Friday.
Justice Eqbal was promoted as a judge of the Supreme Court, on Friday. Speaking at a farewell function hurriedly organised by the Bench and Bar in the evening, the CJ said the common citizen should not go through the frustrating exercise of litigation with a sense of dissatisfaction towards the very person who is fighting for him.
The outgoing CJ said whenever he made a call to the advocates not to boycott the courts, each and every advocate listened to him and within a short span of time, they all fell in line with his expectations and there were no boycotts.
“I salute each one of you,” Iqbal said and added that lawyers, by virtue of their profession, were always required to burn the midnight oil as they had to do a round-the-clock job.
Iqbal, who assumed office on June 11, 2010, thanked the State government for sanctioning funds for development and other infrastructural facilities.
- For team Rahul, it’s good politics that will yield rich dividends for poor Indians
- Incredible India! Cuppa at Rs 1,200 is Chiru’s idea of sustainable tourism
- Farmer gets wise, beats drought with micro-irrigation
- Translation to go hi-tech; C-DAC to launch ‘Translator’
- Hurdles galore as UPA walks road to Ballot 2014
- BJP's post-Karnataka gloom: Neither united nor untainted
- Hit by chit fund scam Mamata faces biggest challenge in 2 years
- Western Ghats: Gadgil’s missive to Kasturirangan opens fresh debate
- Siddaramaiah has his way with team
- Key relationships
- Car makers run into diesel dilemma
- Man arrested for attempt to attack TV host Ranjini Haridas
- Rs 8K-crore plan for upgrading ICVs of Army
- Hyderabad beat Kolkata, make semis; put RCB out
- Kept on Congress fringe, says Mani Shankar Aiyer