Two demonstrations on Ayodhya incident
By Express News Service - CHENNAI
07th December 2012 08:18 AM
Supporters of two Muslim organisations staged demonstrations here on Thursday, demanding that the Government initiate steps to rebuild the demolished Babri Masjid in the same place in Ayodhya.
Syed Bukhari, north Chennai secretary of the India Thowheed Jamath (ITJ), said, “Pressing for the Babri Masjid to be rebuilt, ITJ has planned to carry out a march covering the entire State from January 31.”
The Tamil Maanila Muslim League also staged a demonstration in the city.
Meanwhile, the Hindu Munnani too held demonstrations at multiple points in the city on Thursday, demanding the construction of a temple at the Ram Janmabhoomi site in Ayodhya.
- For team Rahul, it’s good politics that will yield rich dividends for poor Indians
- Four years of UPA-II
- Nine years as PM: What will be Manmohan Singh's legacy?
- Maharashtra’s aid to digitise rare manuscripts in Thanjavur
- 'Climate change may spell disaster for coastal economy'
- Lanka’s woman Thavil players fading away
- Pakistan's answer to electricity shortages: Don't wear socks
- All dead, no vultures fly in Andhra now!
- Incredible India! Cuppa at Rs 1,200 is Chiru’s idea of sustainable tourism
- Super Kings hope to ride Mumbai's hit wave
- Suriya storms ahead of Vijay, Ajith online
- Chennai Super Kings beat Mumbai Indians, reach IPL finals
- Meghalaya's CMJ University faces probe after awarding suspicious PhDs
- Man arrested for attempt to attack TV host Ranjini Haridas
- CCTV must for BPUT exam centres
- Vindu Dara Singh nabbed for IPL scam links