‘Honesty is spirituality’
By Venkadesan S - CHENNAI
03rd December 2012 10:05 AM
As humans, we can’t be always good. At times, we will be aware of the consequences of our actions, and take decisions in our lives accordingly. So, I think, spirituality is all about being honest to yourself. When you are positive, there is some sort of energy around you. I believe in the supreme power, but I’m not into special pujas and chanting mantras all the time.
Understanding of god
God is something we have created. We construct temples, do pujas and bring energy to mere stones. But, I believe that there is a supernatural power above us.
I pray for the well-being of all, and not just for personal benefits. I believe whatever happens to us is because we are capable of facing it. So, there is no point in asking god for favours. Instead, when you pray, seek his help to become a better person in life. I listen to devotional songs when I’m free because they boost my confidence.
I like going to temples for the ambience. I like visiting temples, whether big or small, and have visited many such temples wherever I go for film shoots. I have been to Thanjavur Big Temple, Tirupati temple and I visit Tiruvannamalai Temple every month for Girivalam. I’m planning to visit Shirdi soon.
(Suja Varunee is an upcoming actor)
- For team Rahul, it’s good politics that will yield rich dividends for poor Indians
- Four years of UPA-II
- Nine years as PM: What will be Manmohan Singh's legacy?
- Maharashtra’s aid to digitise rare manuscripts in Thanjavur
- 'Climate change may spell disaster for coastal economy'
- Lanka’s woman Thavil players fading away
- Pakistan's answer to electricity shortages: Don't wear socks
- All dead, no vultures fly in Andhra now!
- CM can go his way: Ramesh Chennithala
- BSNL Ernakulam posts Rs 390-crore turnover
- Knowledge and faith
- Names of UPA ministers will surface in IPL spot-fixing: Swamy
- BrahMos missile test fired from Russian warship
- Yasin Malik’s support for Sri Lanka Tamils a sham
- Incredible India! Cuppa at Rs 1,200 is Chiru’s idea of sustainable tourism
- Chennai Super Kings beat Mumbai Indians, reach IPL finals