IT bizman, BE student end life
By Express News Service - CHENNAI
22nd November 2012 11:01 AM
A middle-aged IT entrepreneur and an engineering student committed suicide in different parts of the city. Police said the 21-year-old engineering student, Praveen of Aminjikarai, killed himself late on Tuesday after he reportedly performed badly in the second year of the four-year course, late on Tuesday.Praveen was found hanging at his house.
Kishore Raj (44), a resident of Palayamkottai, allegedly committed suicide by consuming toilet cleaning fluid in a hotel room on Santhome High Road on Wednesday.
Chain Snatcher Caught
Police constables on patrol duty nabbed a chain snatcher when he attempted to escape after snatching a chain from a 27-year-old woman in Pallavaram on Tuesday night. Police said Geethanjali (27) of Nehru Nagar, Polichalur, was walking near the railway station when a man attempted to snatch her chain. The woman raised an alarm and the two police constables who were on patrol duty caught the culprit.
Gang Held for Stealing
A seven-member gang from Andhra Pradesh was arrested when they attempted to steal sarees from a shop at Selaiyur on Tuesday. The arrested were identified as Venkataramala, Ramana , Kanaga, Saroja, Anjamma, Geetha and Ramana.
Realtor Relieved of Rs 7 lakh
An unidentified gang escaped after stealing cash worth Rs 7 lakh from a realtor at Shankar Nagar on Wednesday. Police said the incident took place when Rajendran was returning home in his two-wheeler after selling a piece of land.
Nurse Dies of Burns
An 18-year-old girl ,Saranya, working as a nurse, died after her clothes caught fire from a stove on Wednesday. Police said, she died of burns.
- Japan support sought for Vision 2023
- Rahul aide to pick Nellore MP candidate
- Kerala: PSC guidelines put candidates in a fix
- Dead son's education loan: Bank seeks its pound of flesh
- With Advani visit, Modi begins charm offensive
- Social media goes martial over High Court's marital ruling
- Slum removal scheme tweaked to make it more effective
- Ready to tune in the lord, catch him up on Twitter
- Thousands missing near Kedarnath shrine
- Indian Coast Guards help rescue 26 crew from shipwreck near Yemen
- Tata Motors unveils 8 upgraded models of passenger vehicles
- Flaws in Koodankulam plant
- Army Major captures 'UFO' in Kerala
- Prices of 348 drugs to come down drastically from May 15
- Callgate: Doctors were prime target for Biju, Saritha Nair
- 60 killed in Nigerian village attacks