Dialogue on divine link held
By Express News Service - CHENNAI
22nd November 2012 11:05 AM
Emphasising on the divine link that the soul has with the events that take place in the world, Raja Yogini Jayanti, director of Brahma Kumaris Europe, addressed a gathering here at the regional headquarters recently.
In India, it is easy to talk about the cycle, but in the Western countries they say time is linear, she said. “The present world is travelling towards the end of the Iron Age called kaliyug, that is the peak of ignorance, unrighteous and negativity. However, spirituality tells us that the night has to pass and the day is about to come. The good news about the destiny of the world is that beyond kaliyug, the satyug, that is the age of truth begins, which means the divine invention has already reached. If the human intellect is divine, the behaviour of the human changes,” she said.
Speaking about how the world had gone from order to disorder, she said, that this was one of the signs that the worst was approaching before the world became better. Jayanti said, “During prayer time, how many minutes is my mind towards divine link or silence? The divine link is nothing but the god, there is a saying manmanabhav that means god doesn’t ask money, thing or property but he asks our mind only. Only through the connection of our mind with the divine link we move towards the righteous. Our intellect gets the power as well.”
She spoke of the breakdown of family, climate and financial systems and the ramifications that ultimately affect the divine link.
“No human being can be god, because our conscious said one who is away from land abode and earth called is god. Only through our actions we make ourselves from sinful soul to charity soul or deity soul or great soul. It is possible to become Shri Lakshmi or Shri Narayan through our elevated action. We need to clean out our thought and conscious and imbibe divine virtues within our souls,” she said.
“If we want to reach our destiny we have to connect our intellect to the divine link, who is the father of our soul, in other words called paramatma,” she concluded.
- The Woolwich 'beheading' is straight out of al-Qaeda's terror manual
- Not a drop of Cauvery for people on its banks
- Dalit discrimination 'forms' in colleges
- Marine turtles giving Kerala a miss
- New mango named Nirbhaya after gang-rape victim
- Shortage of essential TB drug heightens risk to patients, others
- Four years of UPA-II
- Nine years as PM: What will be Manmohan Singh's legacy?
- Knowledge and faith
- Names of UPA ministers will surface in IPL spot-fixing: Swamy
- BrahMos missile test fired from Russian warship
- CM can go his way: Ramesh Chennithala
- Sahara Group accuses the BCCI of Betrayal
- IPL ban, takeover of BCCI sought
- Spot-fixing: CSK owner's relative under police scanner for Vindu connection
- Police summon CSK boss on spot-fixing