Sugar, spice and everything nice
By Express News Service - CHENNAI
21st November 2012 10:41 AM
As December draws closer, cake mixing ceremonies are abound in the city. The latest one was held at Hotel Ambica Empire in Vadapalani on Tuesday morning.
In preparation for the quintessential plum cake that marks the Christmas season, chefs of the hotel are looking forward to present a specialised blended cake to their customers this year. Executive chef Selvaraj says, “It will definitely give a great flavour and taste to the cake; the ingredients are truly world class.” This includes imported Arabian dates, nuts like almond, pistachio, walnuts and cashew nuts, apricots, plums figs, ginger flakes, orange rind and dried grapes. “Rather than explaining the cake, we ask you to enjoy it when it is ready,” he says.
General Manager R Kalathinathan says, “Plum cake is older than history, older than tradition, and older than legend. Our cake this year will be eclectic and luscious.” The star factor to the event was provided by actor Devi Krupa, playback singer Maalavika Manoj, RJ Ophelia and MC Dhwani Rao.
- India's poor need more purchasing power, not doles
- Japan support sought for Vision 2023
- Rahul aide to pick Nellore MP candidate
- Kerala: PSC guidelines put candidates in a fix
- Dead son's education loan: Bank seeks its pound of flesh
- With Advani visit, Modi begins charm offensive
- Social media goes martial over High Court's marital ruling
- Slum removal scheme tweaked to make it more effective
- Thousands missing near Kedarnath shrine
- Indian Coast Guards help rescue 26 crew from shipwreck near Yemen
- Tata Motors unveils 8 upgraded models of passenger vehicles
- Flaws in Koodankulam plant
- Army Major captures 'UFO' in Kerala
- Prices of 348 drugs to come down drastically from May 15
- 60 killed in Nigerian village attacks
- Callgate: Doctors were prime target for Biju, Saritha Nair