Murder accused hacked to death in TASMAC bar
By Express News Service - CHENNAI
19th November 2012 09:22 AM
A murder accused was allegedly hacked to death by a gang inside a TASMAC bar at Kancheepuram on Sunday afternoon.
Police said Raj alias Auto Raj (35) from Haidarpet, Periyakulam, Kanchee -puram, was drinking liquor in a TASMAC open air bar on Sunday afternoon. The bar, located in the busy market place on Railway Road, Kancheepuram, was crowded as it was a holiday. Suddenly, a four-member gang entered the bar, surrounded Raj and hacked him to death. Raj suffered injuries to his neck, chest and hip and died on the spot. The gang then left the bar with the blood stained weapons in two-wheelers, police said.
Vishnu Kanchi Police registered a case and found that Raj was involved in several cases registered across almost all police stations in Kancheepuram. He was also wanted in connection with two murder cases. Police said he was released from prison in August after serving a term under the Goondas Act. Police said two days back, the deceased had an altercation with some unidentified man.
Police said though Raj’s house was close to the bar, none of his family members came to the spot despite the body lying there for over an hour. Investigations were on.
- India's bleeding insurgencies: Lessons from Latin America
- Western Ghat report has imperialist mindset: Ecologist
- Lot more to India-China ties than border stand-off: Experts
- Major industrial conglomerates making a beeline for Haryana
- Man kidnapped 23 years ago finds kin thanks to Google Maps
- Bangalore's techies start 'brand tattoos' craze
- Indian circuses struggle to adapt after court bans
- Want hassle-free tatkal ticket? Personally visit special counters
- Rs 8K-crore plan for upgrading ICVs of Army
- Man arrested for attempt to attack TV host Ranjini Haridas
- The toxic truth about ripe mangoes
- Shift me from ‘Anda’ cell, pleads Sanjay Dutt
- Jiju Janardhanan’s house in Kannur wears deserted look
- Indefinite strike leaves city parched; mineral water bottles fly off shop shelves
- Sreesanth, 2 other players 'confess'; more players under scanner
- Meghalaya's CMJ University faces probe after awarding suspicious PhDs