Velachery encounter report submitted
By Express News Service - CHENNAI
17th November 2012 10:46 AM
The reports of the CB-CID and a Judicial Magistrate in the Velachery encounter case, in which five persons were shot dead on February 23, were submitted to the Madras High Court on Friday.
The reports were presented to the division bench comprising Justices Elipe Dharma Rao and Aruna Jagadeesan in separate sealed covers when the public interest writ petition from advocate P Pugalenthi, praying for a direction to TN Government to register a case under Section 302 (murder) IPC against the police in the “encounter,” came up for hearing on Friday. Pugalenthi, director contended that the police was inquiring two bank robbery cases. They had entered a residential area and killed five youngsters staying in a single bedroom house.
The matter would be taken up on November 26.
- The Woolwich 'beheading' is straight out of al-Qaeda's terror manual
- Not a drop of Cauvery for people on its banks
- Dalit discrimination 'forms' in colleges
- Marine turtles giving Kerala a miss
- New mango named Nirbhaya after gang-rape victim
- Shortage of essential TB drug heightens risk to patients, others
- Four years of UPA-II
- Nine years as PM: What will be Manmohan Singh's legacy?
- There is betting link even in Sree's company
- Sahara Group accuses the BCCI of Betrayal
- Police summon CSK boss on spot-fixing
- IPL ban, takeover of BCCI sought
- Bride-to-be found with head smashed
- Names of UPA ministers will surface in IPL spot-fixing: Swamy
- Top LeT militant killed in encounter
- IPL Eliminator: Brad Hodge helps Royals beat Sunrisers