Country may get branch of World Maritime University
By Express News Service - CHENNAI
15th November 2012 09:57 AM
The Shipping Ministry is in discussion with the International Maritime Organisation to set up a regional branch of World Maritime University (WMU) in India, according to Union Shipping Minister G K Vasan.
Speaking during the University Day celebrations of the Indian Maritime University (IMU), Vasan said he discussed the possibility of establishing the regional branch of WMU when secretary general of International Maritime Organisation Koji Sekimizu called on him last month.
“During the discussion we also took up with him the need for closer cooperation between Indian Maritime University and WMU at Malmo, Sweden and International Maritime Legal Institute, Malta. We would be following up all these initiatives to bring world class maritime education to our country,” the minister said.
- For team Rahul, it’s good politics that will yield rich dividends for poor Indians
- Four years of UPA-II
- Nine years as PM: What will be Manmohan Singh's legacy?
- Maharashtra’s aid to digitise rare manuscripts in Thanjavur
- 'Climate change may spell disaster for coastal economy'
- Lanka’s woman Thavil players fading away
- Pakistan's answer to electricity shortages: Don't wear socks
- All dead, no vultures fly in Andhra now!
- Suriya storms ahead of Vijay, Ajith online
- Incredible India! Cuppa at Rs 1,200 is Chiru’s idea of sustainable tourism
- Chennai Super Kings beat Mumbai Indians, reach IPL finals
- BSNL Ernakulam posts Rs 390-crore turnover
- Meghalaya's CMJ University faces probe after awarding suspicious PhDs
- Vindu Dara Singh nabbed for IPL scam links
- Chandy aborted Chennithala’s Cabinet berth: NSS
- Man arrested for attempt to attack TV host Ranjini Haridas