‘I experience god’s miracles everyday’
By Venkadesan S - CHENNAI
15th November 2012 10:13 AM
I believe in god completely, but it’s not a blind belief. I believe in the supreme power, which I see as god. I don’t worship any idol. I believe in Puttaparthi Sai Baba. My trust for him is due to a particular incident. I’m a singer and once I had an opportunity to sing in front of Sai Baba. Since then, my life has changed and my belief in him became strong.
Understanding of god
I have understood god to an extent. This is because he has already given everything that has made me strong and has not put me in any difficult situation.
I have experienced so many miracles in my life. I can never forget a particular incident. I was on tour for singing in Australia in 2002. Because of the change in weather, I had severe throat infection and wasn’t even able to speak to anyone. The show started at 6 pm. Just before the show, I closed my eyes and prayed to god for five minutes. After that, all I remember was singing from 6 pm till 10.30 pm continuously without any crack in my voice. I had no idea how it happened. This is truly because of Sai Baba’s miracle. But once the show was over, my voice was blocked again and I couldn’t even say ‘thank you’ to anyone. The miracles in my life are never ending as I experience such miracles every day in my life.
I don’t perform any spiritual practices, but before I go to bed I pray to god every day and thank him for giving a blessed day.
I don’t go to temples, but I visit NGOs often to do service. I see god in everyone’s face there. I always make it a point to visit Puttaparthi at least once every year. Jaya Sreekumar is a professional playback singer
- For team Rahul, it’s good politics that will yield rich dividends for poor Indians
- Four years of UPA-II
- Nine years as PM: What will be Manmohan Singh's legacy?
- Maharashtra’s aid to digitise rare manuscripts in Thanjavur
- 'Climate change may spell disaster for coastal economy'
- Lanka’s woman Thavil players fading away
- Pakistan's answer to electricity shortages: Don't wear socks
- All dead, no vultures fly in Andhra now!
- BSNL Ernakulam posts Rs 390-crore turnover
- CM can go his way: Ramesh Chennithala
- Chennai Super Kings beat Mumbai Indians, reach IPL finals
- Incredible India! Cuppa at Rs 1,200 is Chiru’s idea of sustainable tourism
- Names of UPA ministers will surface in IPL spot-fixing: Swamy
- Knowledge and faith
- Suriya storms ahead of Vijay, Ajith online
- Yasin Malik’s support for Sri Lanka Tamils a sham