Airtel to kickstart 2nd edition of F1 Indian Grand Prix
By Express News Service - CHENNAI
15th October 2012 08:33 AM
While the second edition of the Airtel Indian Grand Prix is approaching fast, the craze for the sport has surely heightened.
Since Bharati Airtel is the title sponsor and race partner of Mercedes AMG Petronas F1 team, it will host on-ground activities, which will invite F1 fans to experience the grand prix. The F1 combo includes simulator challenge, ‘be a part of the pit crew’ Challenge, F1 quizzes, F1 screening and more.
Airtel had installed F1 car stimulators, the replica of F1 car that has a steering connected to a TV screen, across shopping malls, colleges, corporate offices through out the nation. The stimulator driving helps participants enjoy racing on a virtual F1 race track.
When asked about the virtual race experience, one of the participants said, “It is like we are racing for real. The steering of the race car is such that it can be driven smoothly. We have to train ourselves more in order to excel in virtual races.” He finished 23rd in the race which had 24 participants.
Started on September 17, these ground activities will continue till October 18. Airtel also has a contest, ‘Be a part of the pit crew’, where participants can find a spot for themselves on the leaderboard, which maintains the scores of all contestants. The final winner of this contest will be selected from among the top 20 contestants. The winner will be part of the pit crew and get a chance to spend three days with renowned racers like Michael Schumacher and Nico Rosberg. Other participants will get an opportunity to win picnic stand tickets for the race day.
The second edition of F1 Aritel Indian Grand Prix will be held on October 28 at New Delhi.
- India's poor need more purchasing power, not doles
- Japan support sought for Vision 2023
- Rahul aide to pick Nellore MP candidate
- Kerala: PSC guidelines put candidates in a fix
- Dead son's education loan: Bank seeks its pound of flesh
- With Advani visit, Modi begins charm offensive
- Social media goes martial over High Court's marital ruling
- Slum removal scheme tweaked to make it more effective
- Indian Coast Guards help rescue 26 crew from shipwreck near Yemen
- Thousands missing near Kedarnath shrine
- Tata Motors unveils 8 upgraded models of passenger vehicles
- Flaws in Koodankulam plant
- Army Major captures 'UFO' in Kerala
- Prices of 348 drugs to come down drastically from May 15
- 60 killed in Nigerian village attacks
- Callgate: Doctors were prime target for Biju, Saritha Nair