'Spirituality is a process of cleansing'
By Venkadesan S - CHENNAI
03rd October 2012 09:02 AM
I’m definitely spiritually inclined. I pray almost every day and Shridi Sai Baba is my favourite deity. I’m thankful for what I have been provided with. A lot of thought goes into something before I do it. I think spirituality is a process of self cleansing and a guide for a person to choose the right thing in life.
Understanding of god
He is the almighty and the creator. Certain things can’t be seen, but felt. God is one such thing. He is the person you can surrender yourself to. Every person has a purpose for his birth and should understand it. I think understanding god is more of a process of self-realisation.
Visiting temples and mass prayers are the things I believe in. I attend such prayers at least once a month on the full moon day. When different people come together with the same thought, the vibration will deepen, but in a way we haven’t realised. In earlier days, we have even been able to control all five forms of nature.
I do believe in miracles and it has happened to a lot of people, including me. But even for a miracle to happen, there should some kind of push from our side. Miracles can’t happen out of nowhere, as everything has to be organised.
I often visit the Sai baba temple in Mylapore. I have visited lots of temples indifferent places and it’s difficult to mention only a few. But Tirupathi is one place I need to mention. It’s not easy to go there without the lord’s call. You have to be true and devoted to get his blessings in person.
(Shree is an upcoming actor in Tamil and has played the lead role in Vazhakku Enn 18/9)
- For team Rahul, it’s good politics that will yield rich dividends for poor Indians
- Four years of UPA-II
- Nine years as PM: What will be Manmohan Singh's legacy?
- Maharashtra’s aid to digitise rare manuscripts in Thanjavur
- 'Climate change may spell disaster for coastal economy'
- Lanka’s woman Thavil players fading away
- Pakistan's answer to electricity shortages: Don't wear socks
- All dead, no vultures fly in Andhra now!
- Incredible India! Cuppa at Rs 1,200 is Chiru’s idea of sustainable tourism
- Suriya storms ahead of Vijay, Ajith online
- BSNL Ernakulam posts Rs 390-crore turnover
- Chennai Super Kings beat Mumbai Indians, reach IPL finals
- Meghalaya's CMJ University faces probe after awarding suspicious PhDs
- CM can go his way: Ramesh Chennithala
- Yasin Malik’s support for Sri Lanka Tamils a sham
- Vindu Dara Singh nabbed for IPL scam links