Explain exam lapses or face probe, BU VC told
By Express News Service - BANGALORE
19th September 2012 11:33 AM
A section of Bangalore University’s Syndicate has warned Vice Chancelloe N Prabhu Dev to explain the irregularities concerning the examination section or be prepared for investigation by a state agency.
Members K V Acharya, D S Krishna, Zaheeda Mulla, T H Srinivasaiah, C K Jagadish Prasad and P S Jayaramu have written a letter to the VC seeking an explanation on two exams being conducted for final semester engineering students of Electronics and Communication, Computer Science and Mechanical Engineering branches in June and July this year at University Visveswaraya College of Engineering.
They have sought to know if the students who took the “special” exam before the schedule had the required attendance. They want to know why the results of both exams were announced on the same day.
“The VC, along with the guilty Chairmen/Head of the Department, who have given such permission, need to be punished for the gross misuse of powers to conduct such special examinations,” the letter states. Another issue is that of Special Officer (Exams) Syed Jamal allegedly signed on OMR answer sheets, “wherein he has given more marks to such students who have failed and has solely appended his signature.”
The members said while the VC and Registrar (Evaluation) R K Somashekhar had asked for a week’s time, there has been no response. “The Syndicate members have demanded an explanation to this immediately. Failing which, the members would report the matter to the concerned government investigating agency,” they said.
- For team Rahul, it’s good politics that will yield rich dividends for poor Indians
- Sleepless nights, no baths for Sreesanth
- 'Kiran visited Delhi 76 times since he became CM'
- Bangalore scores low on medical tourism
- ‘Lack of anthropologists hits welfare policymaking’
- India's bleeding insurgencies: Lessons from Latin America
- Western Ghat report has imperialist mindset: Ecologist
- Lot more to India-China ties than border stand-off: Experts
- Rs 8K-crore plan for upgrading ICVs of Army
- Man arrested for attempt to attack TV host Ranjini Haridas
- The toxic truth about ripe mangoes
- Jiju Janardhanan’s house in Kannur wears deserted look
- Shift me from ‘Anda’ cell, pleads Sanjay Dutt
- Indefinite strike leaves city parched; mineral water bottles fly off shop shelves
- DRDO chief expresses concern over FDI
- Sreesanth, 2 other players 'confess'; more players under scanner