Three persons held for attack on Sharief
By Express News Service - BANGALORE
06th September 2012 08:34 AM
The Srirampuram police arrested three persons for allegedly stabbing Sharief (name changed), the father of a 13-year-old rape victim, on Tuesday. The accused have been identified as Akram, 28, Afsar 26 and Musafil 25, all residents of Ramachandrapuram.
According to the police, the victim was stabbed by four persons on Sunday. They are said to be his neighbours.
During interrogation, the accused told the police that Sharief had borrowed Rs 1. 5 lakh for business purposes from them a few months ago. They said he had threatened that he would file a false complaint against them if they force him to return the money. He allegedly spent their money in Rajasthan on a trip.
- You are aiming high, but beware of marketers selling you as an FMCG
- With Advani visit, Modi begins charm offensive
- Social media goes martial over High Court's marital ruling
- Slum removal scheme tweaked to make it more effective
- Ready to tune in the lord, catch him up on Twitter
- 95 per cent stolen goods not recovered in Kerala, says NCRB
- Karnataka MLAs were frugal in their poll spending
- Now talcum powder linked to ovarian cancer
- Indian Coast Guards help rescue 26 crew from shipwreck near Yemen
- Thousands missing near Kedarnath shrine
- Army Major captures 'UFO' in Kerala
- Callgate: Doctors were prime target for Biju, Saritha Nair
- Learnt to embrace simplicity from SRK: Puvisha
- Congress raking up secularism issue to hide its failures: BJP
- Prices of 348 drugs to come down drastically from May 15
- Congress to vote in Nitish government's favour today