Sandalwood theft: Four arrested
By Express News Service - BANGALORE
09th August 2012 08:13 AM
The Chamarajpet police arrested four persons transporting sandalwood in gunny bags and seized 130 kg sandalwood worth Rs 7.61 lakh on Wednesday. The accused have been identified as Chan Pasha, 31, a resident of Magadi Road, Syed Muktiyar, 35, Shakkir, 30, both residents of D J Halli and Imran Sharee, 28, of Hoskote.
Acting on a tip-off that some personswere transporting stolen sandalwood in gunny bags, the police arrested them near Kudure Park on Mysore Road. The police took them into custody and seized the vehicle and sandalwood. The gang members revealed that they used cut sandalwood trees and steal them from houses in Shankarapuram, Banashankari, J C Nagar and Sanjaynagar. The police said recently the gang had cut sandalwood tree at one B P Alan Karinarayan’s house in Shankarapuram. When questioned, they revealed that they were going to Mysore to sell the sandalwood.
“We checked all the suspected vehicles. After arresting the gang, we did not want to delay the process. Hence, we immediately booked a case against them,” said M A Hussain, ACP.
- For team Rahul, it’s good politics that will yield rich dividends for poor Indians
- Incredible India! Cuppa at Rs 1,200 is Chiru’s idea of sustainable tourism
- Farmer gets wise, beats drought with micro-irrigation
- Translation to go hi-tech; C-DAC to launch ‘Translator’
- Hurdles galore as UPA walks road to Ballot 2014
- BJP's post-Karnataka gloom: Neither united nor untainted
- Hit by chit fund scam Mamata faces biggest challenge in 2 years
- Key relationships
- Car makers run into diesel dilemma
- Jaya expresses grief over pontiff's death
- Siddaramaiah has his way with team
- Western Ghats: Gadgil’s missive to Kasturirangan opens fresh debate
- NEET 2013: CBSE gaffe leaves students in a fix
- Man arrested for attempt to attack TV host Ranjini Haridas
- Rs 8K-crore plan for upgrading ICVs of Army