Guidelines for tax deduction issued
By Express News Service - BANGALORE
09th August 2012 08:26 AM
In order to ensure that tax deduction account number (TAN) is not misused, the Commissionerate of Income Tax has advised tax deductors to ensure the following steps:
The deductors are required to close the TAN which may be defunct due to lack of further transactions, by filing an application with their TDS officers.
The government deductors are advised to register their TANs on the website www.tin-nsdl.com and ensure category of the deductors is mentioned as Central or the state government.
The pay and accounts officers should ensure that each DDO has a single TAN and no other TAN is available for operation by any of the DDOs.
The tax deductors are required to generate the TDS certificate quarterly from the NSDL website and issue it to the deductees within the stipulated time.
In order to ensure correct and in-time credit of TDS to tax payers, the government deductors are requested to comply with the above guidelines.
- You are aiming high, but beware of marketers selling you as an FMCG
- With Advani visit, Modi begins charm offensive
- Social media goes martial over High Court's marital ruling
- Slum removal scheme tweaked to make it more effective
- Ready to tune in the lord, catch him up on Twitter
- 95 per cent stolen goods not recovered in Kerala, says NCRB
- Karnataka MLAs were frugal in their poll spending
- Now talcum powder linked to ovarian cancer
- Indian Coast Guards help rescue 26 crew from shipwreck near Yemen
- Thousands missing near Kedarnath shrine
- Army Major captures 'UFO' in Kerala
- Flaws in Koodankulam plant
- Prices of 348 drugs to come down drastically from May 15
- Learnt to embrace simplicity from SRK: Puvisha
- Callgate: Doctors were prime target for Biju, Saritha Nair
- Congress to vote in Nitish government's favour today