Pratt & Whitney at IISc
By Express News Service - BANGALORE
20th July 2012 09:01 AM
Global design, manufacture and aircraft engine maintenance firm Pratt& Whitney opened its office at the Indian Institute of Science (IISc) to strengthen its long-term commitment to conduct advanced research in gas turbine jet engine technology in India.
The US-based United Technologies Corporation will support a full-time endowed professorship in Gas Turbine Engineering at the institute and visiting Pratt&Whitney employees and executives conduct research there.
The company recently increased its funding commitment to the professorship to make the chair self-sustaining and will announce a full-time professor in the near future.
- You are aiming high, but beware of marketers selling you as an FMCG
- Deadly year for encephalitis feared in India
- A mobile phone for Kerala CM, finally
- India becomes Kenya's largest Asian trading partner
- Pakistan's Punjab government allocates millions for JuD centre
- Wedlock valid only if consummated: High Court
- Underworld has betting syndicates in vice-like grip
- NCRB report: 1,316 juveniles booked for rape last year
- Indian Coast Guards help rescue 26 crew from shipwreck near Yemen
- Army Major captures 'UFO' in Kerala
- Now pay less for roaming calls, texts
- Callgate: Doctors were prime target for Biju, Saritha Nair
- 73 dead, over 71,000 stranded as rains batter Uttarakhand, UP
- Congress raking up secularism issue to hide its failures: BJP
- Wedlock valid only if consummated: HC
- Prices of 348 drugs to come down drastically from May 15