CET: Online options entry from today
By Express News Service - BANGALORE
12th July 2012 10:31 AM
It is D-day for the Common Entrance Test (CET) 2012 rank holders as the online option entry will begin from July 12.
The Karnataka Examination Authority (KEA) has issued a slew of important instructions to help the candidates regarding the CET 2012 Admission Round.
According to the official notification from KEA, the option entry process commences at 6 am on July 12 and concludes at 5 pm on July 18.
The candidates are informed to note the following points before and while entering the options online for convenience.
Before entry of options
* Candidates can login on July 12 to access his or her account with Unique Secret- Keyword.
* Read the User Hand Book Instructions Manual
* For additional information refer KEA website for Allotment Logic method of Roster System adopted for Non-Interactive Online Seat Allotment CET-2012.
* Do not disclose the keyword printed on the Verification Slip and the password given to others (candidate).
* Before entering the Options online, please check the website for seat matrix for CET-2012 as issued by the Government for Medical, Dental, Ayurveda, Homoeopathy, Unani, Naturopathy and Yoga, Engineering, and Architecture courses which is made available on the KEA website http://kea.kar.nic.in.
Download and print the Option Work Sheet or Detailed Option Work Sheet from KEA website for homework.
* Enter as many numbers of options as you want to exercise.There is no upper limit for entry of options.
A candidate can cross even 1,000 options or one can enter all colleges and courses in all discipline in which she/he has got ranks in the order of priority.
* The schedule for option entry will not be extended for any reasons
* KEA will not be responsible if a candidate fails to key in his/her options *It will be the responsibility of the candidate to submit and confirm the Online Option Form by himself/ herself
During entry of options
* A candidate can enter options for more than one course in one particular college
* Enter valid e-mail ID and mobile numbers
* SMS alerts will be sent to the candidates from ‘TD-KEAKAR’ and e-mail messages from firstname.lastname@example.org
* Candidate can modify preferences, add choices, delete choices before confirmation up to 5.00 pm on July 18
* Candidates must ensure that he or she logs out from the Option Entry Portal by clicking ‘Logout’ after saving and completing option entry in each session.
* Candidate can take printouts but the last saved / confirmed options by the candidates will be considered for online seat allotment
And after the entry
* Candidate should keep the final printout of the online options
* After the last date and time is completed for entry of online options candidates will not be permitted to change the options or preferences
* After the mock allotment on real options entered by the candidates, any change in priority of options or adding of new options will be permitted within the prescribed date and time
Online option entry schedule
Options Entry From 6 am on July 12 till 5 pm on July 18
Mock allotment and announcement July 20
Provision to change options if any From 6 am on July 20 to 5 pm on July 22
Real Allotment-Admission Round July 23
Announcement of Real Allotment July 25
Confirmation of allotment and payment July 26 to 30
Last date for reporting to college un admission round July 30.
- The Woolwich 'beheading' is straight out of al-Qaeda's terror manual
- Not a drop of Cauvery for people on its banks
- Dalit discrimination 'forms' in colleges
- Marine turtles giving Kerala a miss
- New mango named Nirbhaya after gang-rape victim
- Shortage of essential TB drug heightens risk to patients, others
- Four years of UPA-II
- Nine years as PM: What will be Manmohan Singh's legacy?
- There is betting link even in Sree's company
- Knowledge and faith
- BrahMos missile test fired from Russian warship
- Names of UPA ministers will surface in IPL spot-fixing: Swamy
- Sahara Group accuses the BCCI of Betrayal
- CM can go his way: Ramesh Chennithala
- IPL ban, takeover of BCCI sought
- Spot-fixing: CSK owner's relative under police scanner for Vindu connection