Pawan’s body to arrive in a week?
By Express News Service - BANGALORE
29th June 2012 08:59 AM
The family members of Pawan Kumar, 26, a soft engineer at Cognizant Technolgoies, who was found dead under mysterious circumstances at a room in a motel at Belleville in Wilmington, New Jersey, United States, are still waiting for his body.
Pawan’s uncle Gopalakrishna said on Thursday that they were in touch with Telugu Association of North America as (TANA) which is making arrangements to send his body to the country. “We are informed that the New Jersey police have handed over the body to a Hindu funeral home there. TANA’s office-bearers have said that Pawan’s parents should sign a document to get the body. They would send the documents through courier. After the documents reach our hands, Pawan’s parents would sign and we will send them back to the USA. We expect that we would get the body in 5-6 days,” he said.
He added that it would cost about `4.5 lakh to get his body back. “We urge Cognizant Technologies to arrange funds to bring his body back,” he said.
- For team Rahul, it’s good politics that will yield rich dividends for poor Indians
- Four years of UPA-II
- Nine years as PM: What will be Manmohan Singh's legacy?
- Maharashtra’s aid to digitise rare manuscripts in Thanjavur
- 'Climate change may spell disaster for coastal economy'
- Lanka’s woman Thavil players fading away
- Pakistan's answer to electricity shortages: Don't wear socks
- All dead, no vultures fly in Andhra now!
- CM can go his way: Ramesh Chennithala
- BSNL Ernakulam posts Rs 390-crore turnover
- Knowledge and faith
- BrahMos missile test fired from Russian warship
- Names of UPA ministers will surface in IPL spot-fixing: Swamy
- Yasin Malik’s support for Sri Lanka Tamils a sham
- Incredible India! Cuppa at Rs 1,200 is Chiru’s idea of sustainable tourism
- Chandy aborted Chennithala’s Cabinet berth: NSS