Family’s trip to Tirupati takes a tragic turn
By Express News Service - KOLAR/BANGALORE
24th June 2012 09:09 AM
Putta Venkateshaiah, the head of the family, who was killed in a road accident with his family members in Kolar district on Saturday morning, hailed from Hindupur in Andhra Pradesh.
They were all going to Tirupati in a Swift car when the accident occurred.
The family had moved to the city 12 years ago. Arvind, who was working in Infosys was staying at Kumaraswamy Layout with his family and he had built a new house recently, but had not yet shifted there.
He owned an interior design firm Indian Institute of Design on Kanakapura Main Road, on the outskirts of the city.
He was the Managing Director and his wife was the director of the company.
The Nangali police called Arvind’s brother-in-law Srinivas at 10.30 am and informed about the tragedy.
According to Srinivas, Arvind was a good driver. “He worked for many IT giants before starting his own company. He married 14 years ago and his children Nisha and Nitish were studying in Arabindo School in Banashankari II stage,” he added. The police took the help of a JCB machine to break open the windows of the car and removed the bodies which were brought to the Wilson Garden crematorium for cremation at 6 pm on Saturday.
- India's bleeding insurgencies: Lessons from Latin America
- Western Ghat report has imperialist mindset: Ecologist
- Lot more to India-China ties than border stand-off: Experts
- Major industrial conglomerates making a beeline for Haryana
- Man kidnapped 23 years ago finds kin thanks to Google Maps
- Bangalore's techies start 'brand tattoos' craze
- Indian circuses struggle to adapt after court bans
- Want hassle-free tatkal ticket? Personally visit special counters
- Rs 8K-crore plan for upgrading ICVs of Army
- Man arrested for attempt to attack TV host Ranjini Haridas
- Sreesanth, 2 other players 'confess'; more players under scanner
- Kalabhavan Mani missing after assaulting forest staff
- Tamil Brahmi script dating to 500 BC found near Erode
- The toxic truth about ripe mangoes
- Shift me from ‘Anda’ cell, pleads Sanjay Dutt
- Meghalaya's CMJ University faces probe after awarding suspicious PhDs