When the youth come forward
By Express News Service - BANGALORE
24th December 2012 10:31 AM
Youth For Society, a voluntary organisation from south Bangalore comprising professionals from IT/ BPO sectors started a Voters Enlistment Drive amongst the IT community and the citizens recently.
Over 50 volunteers of Youth For Society , started a door-to-door campaign in Jayanagar asking the young generation to enlist as voters. “The young generation especially the educated youth just can’t stay away from the responsibility of voting. They don’t vote and then continuously complain about the lack of development. We took up this initiative with the same objective that its time that we become the catalysts of development in our neighbourhoods by sending a message that ‘yes we will vote’ and ‘our vote is to be taken seriously,” said Suraj Rao , Project Coordinator- Voter Enrolment.
“We have been in Bangalore for over 4 years and didn’t know where to register our names to become a voter. Today I have enlisted and hope will get my card soon,” said Ramya , a resident a Jayanagar 3rd Block , who enlisted in the Voter Enlistment drive .
The Youth For Society , has identified several key pockets where IT professionals live in Bangalore and will take the enlistment drive to their neighbourhoods.
- Madrasi heart for Pakistani Madrassa teacher
- Somayagam returns after 48 years
- The Woolwich 'beheading' is straight out of al-Qaeda's terror manual
- Not a drop of Cauvery for people on its banks
- Dalit discrimination 'forms' in colleges
- Marine turtles giving Kerala a miss
- New mango named Nirbhaya after gang-rape victim
- Shortage of essential TB drug heightens risk to patients, others
- There is betting link even in Sree's company
- CBSE results likely to be out in 4-5 days
- Sushma upset at Modi role, walks out of BJP meet
- Sahara Group accuses the BCCI of Betrayal
- Bride-to-be found with head smashed
- 56,700 Indians face deportation from Saudi Arabia: Khurshid
- CBSE kids in fix as colleges begin enrolling
- Top LeT militant killed in encounter