One must always be aware
By Express News Service - BANGALORE
12th December 2012 08:37 AM
Awareness is the key to bring out this divine energy. When the wick called the soul is lit, the body is flooded with a beautiful sensation called bliss, bliss and bliss… There are waves upon waves of bliss. Goose pimples appear on the skin and our hair stands on end. We begin to lose body consciousness. This bliss spreads from us to others. Most of us have experienced this when we have met Enlightened Beings. That is why when a Mahatma is present in a huge gathering, every person there experiences this spiritual thrill in different ways.
This is the difference between them and ordinary human beings like us. Most people worship God externally in so many ways, but because they ignore the state of their own mind, the vibrations that they emanate are rarely pure and blissful. When the mind is impure, it generates negative thoughts and feelings and the tongue speaks hurtful words. Then God says - “Your worship attracts me. I come there to bless you, but I cannot seat Myself in your mind because the seat is so dirty.”
Now the time has come cleanse our minds so that God can establish Himself there permanently. We have to make our minds fresh and fragrant. Applying perfumes to the body will not help us here. So, pray to God for help saying - “God, give me complete awareness so that I am always conscious of Your presence in my heart. Let me never forget that You are always within me. Till now I have been looking for love outside, but nobody is willing to accept me as I am. I feel rejected and unloved. You are the fount of unconditional love. Come to me and stay with me forever.”
When you invite Him with love and humility in this way, God will certainly come. Emphasizing this Lord Krishna said -“When you call Me as your child, I will cling to you as I clung to My foster mother Yashôda. When you regard Me as your friend, I will fill your life with prosperity and abundance like I blessed my comrade Sudhâma. When you invite Me as your beloved, I will come running to you as I went to Râdhâ and the other milkmaids of Vrindavan.” God will reveal Himself to us in the very form that we visualise in our minds because what is inside us is also reflected outside. So, the divine feeling that we have for God in our hearts is extremely important.
This is true of all our relationships. If our relationship with a friend is bad, we have to look for the cause within our own hearts.
If we wish to have harmonious relationships, if we wish to have constant peace and contentment, then the transformation must first begin inside. If we want a tree to bear beautiful flowers and juicy fruits, we must water the roots.
- For team Rahul, it’s good politics that will yield rich dividends for poor Indians
- Incredible India! Cuppa at Rs 1,200 is Chiru’s idea of sustainable tourism
- Farmer gets wise, beats drought with micro-irrigation
- Translation to go hi-tech; C-DAC to launch ‘Translator’
- Hurdles galore as UPA walks road to Ballot 2014
- BJP's post-Karnataka gloom: Neither united nor untainted
- Hit by chit fund scam Mamata faces biggest challenge in 2 years
- Western Ghats: Gadgil’s missive to Kasturirangan opens fresh debate
- Siddaramaiah has his way with team
- Key relationships
- Car makers run into diesel dilemma
- Man arrested for attempt to attack TV host Ranjini Haridas
- Rs 8K-crore plan for upgrading ICVs of Army
- Hyderabad beat Kolkata, make semis; put RCB out
- Kept on Congress fringe, says Mani Shankar Aiyer