Rider killed as bus hits bike
By Express News Service - BANGALORE
11th December 2012 09:40 AM
A 35-year-old man was killed when a private bus hit his two-wheeler on Yelahanka Main Road on Monday.
The deceased, Srimurthy, a resident of Jakkur, used to own a retail shop.
According to the police, the incident took place around 7 am, when he was going towards Bellary Road. A private bus, which was coming towards Yelahanka, hit his two-wheeler from the rear end. He sustained severe injuries and was rushed to a nearby hospital, where he was declared brought dead.
In another incident, a 31-year-old biker was run over by an unidentified vehicle on NICE road near Begur Lake in Electronics City on Monday. The deceased, Kiran Kumar, was a native of Channapatna. He was a mechanic at a private transport company. According to the police, the incident took place around 6.30 pm. Police said an unidentified vehicle hit him and ran over him. He sustained severe injuries and died on the spot.
A 37-year-old pedestrian was killed when a four-wheeler knocked him down at Kengeri on Sunday.
The deceased, Jaikumar Yadav, was a native of Bihar. He was working at a plastic manufacturing factory in Kengeri. According to the police, the incident took place around 4 pm, when he, was along with two friends were going on Mysore Road. A Maruti car knocked him down, killing him on the spot.
- For team Rahul, it’s good politics that will yield rich dividends for poor Indians
- India's bleeding insurgencies: Lessons from Latin America
- Western Ghat report has imperialist mindset: Ecologist
- Lot more to India-China ties than border stand-off: Experts
- Major industrial conglomerates making a beeline for Haryana
- Man kidnapped 23 years ago finds kin thanks to Google Maps
- Bangalore's techies start 'brand tattoos' craze
- Indian circuses struggle to adapt after court bans
- Rs 8K-crore plan for upgrading ICVs of Army
- Man arrested for attempt to attack TV host Ranjini Haridas
- The toxic truth about ripe mangoes
- Shift me from ‘Anda’ cell, pleads Sanjay Dutt
- Jiju Janardhanan’s house in Kannur wears deserted look
- Indefinite strike leaves city parched; mineral water bottles fly off shop shelves
- Meghalaya's CMJ University faces probe after awarding suspicious PhDs
- Sreesanth, 2 other players 'confess'; more players under scanner