Online IELTS preparation course
By Express News Service - BANGALORE
25th November 2012 11:12 AM
To assist students with better preparation for International English Language Testing System (IELTS), the British Council has launched a programme, Road to IELTS, a 30-hour online preparation and practice resource for the test.
Keshav Sreedharan, Head Examination Services, South India, British Council said that more than 1.7 million tests are taken each year by candidates to begin their journey towards an international education or employment opportunities.
“Indian students have taken the test for destinations such as UK, Australia and Canada, though they are increasingly using it as valid proof of their competence in English for courses. In the US over 3,000 institutions and programmes accept IELTS as a valid proof of competence in English. All the Ivy League colleges and the top 25 US colleges accept IELTS”, Sreedharan said. Paul Sellers, Director, South India, British Council, said, “There has been a 20 per cent rise in the number of candidates taking IELTS in India as against last year. By far, candidates from South India get the best score band in the test.”
Road to IELTS will provide candidates with access to quality content like skills focus content, 17 Video of advise from British Council experts, videos of the speaking test tutorials, 4 e-books, 300 interactive practice activities and mock tests with model answers.
- For team Rahul, it’s good politics that will yield rich dividends for poor Indians
- Four years of UPA-II
- Nine years as PM: What will be Manmohan Singh's legacy?
- Maharashtra’s aid to digitise rare manuscripts in Thanjavur
- 'Climate change may spell disaster for coastal economy'
- Lanka’s woman Thavil players fading away
- Pakistan's answer to electricity shortages: Don't wear socks
- All dead, no vultures fly in Andhra now!
- CM can go his way: Ramesh Chennithala
- BSNL Ernakulam posts Rs 390-crore turnover
- Knowledge and faith
- BrahMos missile test fired from Russian warship
- Names of UPA ministers will surface in IPL spot-fixing: Swamy
- Yasin Malik’s support for Sri Lanka Tamils a sham
- Incredible India! Cuppa at Rs 1,200 is Chiru’s idea of sustainable tourism
- Chandy aborted Chennithala’s Cabinet berth: NSS