Four from city killed in accident
By Express News Service - HASSAN:
15th November 2012 11:07 AM
Four people from Bangalore were killed on the spot when a speeding truck rammed into their Qualis near Jodigatte village on Bangalore-Mangalore National Highway-48 in the wee hours of Wednesday.
According to Channarayapatna Rural police, the deceased have been identified as Manjegowda, 45, the driver, Venkateshappa, 50, Govindappa, 52, and Paparaj, 37.
The accident took place when the victims were going to attend a family function in Mangalore.
It is said that the truck was going to Kunigal.
Police said they had a tough time retrieving the bodies from the wreck of the MUV which was stuck under the truck.
Rash driving by both the drivers is said to have caused the accident.
Police handed over the bodies to their family members after a post-mortem.
- You are aiming high, but beware of marketers selling you as an FMCG
- Pakistan's Punjab government allocates millions for JuD centre
- Wedlock valid only if consummated: High Court
- Underworld has betting syndicates in vice-like grip
- NCRB report: 1,316 juveniles booked for rape last year
- New Mental Health Bill bans electric shocks, gives right to treatment
- Caste curses Dalit, tribal children to life of slavery beyond borders
- Tiruchendur temple ‘under grip’ of Tirusundarars
- Indian Coast Guards help rescue 26 crew from shipwreck near Yemen
- Now pay less for roaming calls, texts
- Callgate: Doctors were prime target for Biju, Saritha Nair
- Berthing facilities for naval ships
- Several cheating cases against Saritha S Nair
- Imran Khan damaged Pakistan cricket: Aamir Sohail
- Shalu Menon's mother files plaint
- 'Ankur Arora Murder Case' (Hindi)