10 held, Rs 45lakh recovered
By Express News Service - BANGALORE
14th November 2012 09:21 AM
homicide and burglary squad of the CCB arrested 10 people in connection with
various cases and recovered booty worth Rs 45 lakh.
The accused are Rudresh, 37, of Ramanagaram, George Santosh, 29, Ajju alias Jnanaprakash, 35, both from KGF, Philips alias Intiaz alias Harry Philips, 46, of Chennai, Muniyappa, 45, of Mulbagal, Muniraja, 38, of Kolar, Imran Khan alias Chor Imran alias Immu, 22, of Valmikinagar on Mysore Road, Rizwan Baig alias Rizwan, 24, of Dodda Mavalli on Lalbagh Road, Syed Fayaz alias Tailor Fayaz, 30, of Shampur Main Road and Shakeel Ahmed, 31, of Bommanahalli.
With their arrest, 11 cases of burglary and vehicle thefts have been solved.
Gold ornaments, silver articles, a bike and mobile phones worth Rs 45 lakh have been recovered.
They had allegedly committed the offences in Subramanyapura, K R Puram, Cottonpet, Ulsoor, Yelahanka New Town, Srinivasapuram, Kolar Town and Chintamani town police stations’ limit.
Man Dies A 60-year old patient died after he mysteriously fell down from a balcony in second floor of a private hospital where he was admitted in HAL police limits on Monday afternoon.
The deceased Gurunath was admitted to Yashomathi super specialty hospital.
“His son works as a software engineer in the city and he got his father admitted in the hospital.
After treatment, he was discharged on Monday.
The staff has seen him coming out of the ward.
But after a while, he fell from the balcony and died on the spot.
No one knows how he fell and there was no attender.
If someone were there, the incident could have been averted.
We are investigating to ascertain whether its a suicide or accidental death.
No case is registered in this connection,” the HAL police said.
Man Assaulted and Robbed
Unidentified men robbed a person
of his valuables near Jambusavari Dinne on Monday morning.
The victim has been identified as Raviranjan.
He had gone to his friend’s house to gift him on the occasion of Deepavali.
While returning home, 4-5 men waylaid him at an isolated place.
They allegedly assaulted him and robbed him of his bike, mobile and other valuables and fled the scene, the police said.
Youth Stabbed, Dies in Hospital
A 21-year-old youth was
allegedly stabbed on Bazaar Street in Austin Town on Tuesday evening.
Kannan was a labourer in Tamil Nadu.
Police said he was injured in an accident and had come to the city for treatment.
He was along with his friend, Uday, at a tea shop when a youth picked a quarrel with him.
The youth stabbed Kannan several times and fled.
Kannan was rushed to a hospital, where he succumbed.
“Uday said that he could identify the assailant, who is said to be a friend of Kannan.
We are on the lookout for the youth,” the police said.
- You are aiming high, but beware of marketers selling you as an FMCG
- With Advani visit, Modi begins charm offensive
- Social media goes martial over High Court's marital ruling
- Slum removal scheme tweaked to make it more effective
- Ready to tune in the lord, catch him up on Twitter
- 95 per cent stolen goods not recovered in Kerala, says NCRB
- Karnataka MLAs were frugal in their poll spending
- Now talcum powder linked to ovarian cancer
- Thousands missing near Kedarnath shrine
- Indian Coast Guards help rescue 26 crew from shipwreck near Yemen
- Army Major captures 'UFO' in Kerala
- Flaws in Koodankulam plant
- Prices of 348 drugs to come down drastically from May 15
- Learnt to embrace simplicity from SRK: Puvisha
- Callgate: Doctors were prime target for Biju, Saritha Nair
- Congress to vote in Nitish government's favour today