Actress Mynavathi dead
By Express News Service - BANGALORE
11th November 2012 09:15 AM
Veteran Kannada actress Mynavathi passed away at a private hospital in the city on Friday, following a cardiac arrest. She was 78. Mynavathi, sister of late Pandari Bai, a popular actress, had acted in over 100 films in Kannada and Tamil.
She was popular as a supporting character. She is survived by a son, Gurudutt, a film producer and director. It is said that Mynavathi was upset over the death of her eldest son Shyamsunder, who was also into film production.
She began her career in acting in Santha Sakku. Ababba e Hudugi, Sodhari, Rayara Sose, Naane Bhagyavathi, Anuraadha, Annapurna, Kachadevayani Sarvagnamurthy, Amma, Muththiade Bhagya, Obbarigintha Obbaru are some of her popular movies. She was instrumental in starting television serials-Amma and Manethana.
- You are aiming high, but beware of marketers selling you as an FMCG
- Wedlock valid only if consummated: High Court
- Underworld has betting syndicates in vice-like grip
- NCRB report: 1,316 juveniles booked for rape last year
- New Mental Health Bill bans electric shocks, gives right to treatment
- Caste curses Dalit, tribal children to life of slavery beyond borders
- Tiruchendur temple ‘under grip’ of Tirusundarars
- ‘Papi hills’ going the sex tourism way?
- Indian Coast Guards help rescue 26 crew from shipwreck near Yemen
- Callgate: Doctors were prime target for Biju, Saritha Nair
- Berthing facilities for naval ships
- Now pay less for roaming calls, texts
- Several cheating cases against Saritha S Nair
- Shalu Menon's mother files plaint
- Imran Khan damaged Pakistan cricket: Aamir Sohail
- 'Ankur Arora Murder Case' (Hindi)