Protest against bad roads Tuesday
By Express News Service - BANGALORE
25th September 2012 09:15 AM
Residents of Rajajinagar will be holding a protest against the BBMP and the Bangalore Metro Rail Corporation Limited (BMRCL) on Tuesday in order to draw their attention to the poor state of the Mahakavi Kuvempu Road which extends from Malleswaram to Navrang Theatre.
The protest is being organised with the help of the Save Bangalore Committee (SBC) which had earlier organised protests against the non-completion of work at the CNR Rao Circle.
Tired of repeated requests to the authorities to get the road fixed, the residents have decided to protest opposite Harishchandra Ghat. “This road being one of the prime roads of Bangalore West is being used by lakhs of commuters,” said Zaheeda Shereen, Convenor, SBC.
The protest will be addressed by veteran freedom fighter H S Doreswamy apart from other eminent personalities of the area.
- For team Rahul, it’s good politics that will yield rich dividends for poor Indians
- BJP's post-Karnataka gloom: Neither united nor untainted
- Hit by chit fund scam Mamata faces biggest challenge in 2 years
- 'Kiran visited Delhi 76 times since he became CM'
- Bangalore scores low on medical tourism
- Sleepless nights, no baths for Sreesanth
- ‘Lack of anthropologists hits welfare policymaking’
- India's bleeding insurgencies: Lessons from Latin America
- Rs 8K-crore plan for upgrading ICVs of Army
- Man arrested for attempt to attack TV host Ranjini Haridas
- The toxic truth about ripe mangoes
- Jiju Janardhanan’s house in Kannur wears deserted look
- Shift me from ‘Anda’ cell, pleads Sanjay Dutt
- Key relationships
- Indefinite strike leaves city parched; mineral water bottles fly off shop shelves
- DRDO chief expresses concern over FDI