Case against Dwarakish on ‘Charulatha’ posters
By Express News Service - BANGALORE
22nd September 2012 09:54 AM
The BBMP officials have filed a case against veteran Kannada actor-director Dwarakish for allegedly pasting the posters of latest Kannada movie ‘Charulatha’, produced by him, at public places.
Nagaraj, an assistant revenue officer in BBMP west division, filed the case under the Karnataka Open Places (Prevention of Disfigurement) Act against the producer in Magadi Road police station on Friday.
Recently, the High Court had pulled up the BBMP for not taking action against those pasting posters in public places. The BBMP officials were inspecting public places on Friday found three posters of ‘Charulatha’ near a bus stop on West Of Chord Road and took its pictures and filed a case against the producer. Police said they would investigate who had pasted the posters and would initiate action.
- UPA-II anniversary: No honest appraisal
- Woolwich attack provokes anti-Muslim backlash across UK
- Bangladesh allows transit for foodgrains for Northeast India
- Increasing friction between the Chandy and Chennithala factions
- 'Data shows gambling rampant in India'
- Madrasi heart for Pakistani Madrassa teacher
- Somayagam returns after 48 years
- Not a drop of Cauvery for people on its banks