Times Internet selected as auctioneer for spectrum
By IANS - NEW DELHI
07th August 2012 12:26 PM
Gurgaon-based Times Internet Limited (TIL) Monday said it has been selected as the auctioneer to operate the spectrum auction process by the telecom department.
"This will be for the e-auction of spectrum in 1800 MHz and 800 MHz bands," the company said in a late night statement.
NCDEX Spot Exchange and Karnataka State Electronics Development Corporation were the two other firms in the race. These two firms could not qualify the technical bids.
The e-auction will entail inviting applications, resolving queries of potential bidders, finalising eligible bidders, holding public information sessions and a mock auction.
"Online auction is the most transparent method of holding large auctions. As a technology leader, we are excited to facilitate this process," said Satyan Gajwani, chief executive officer, TIL.
The empowered Group of Ministers (EGoM) is scheduled to meet Tuesday to decide on the auction timeline. It was earlier scheduled to meet Monday evening.
Though the government has been reiterating that it is making all efforts to meet the apex court's deadline of Aug 31, industry experts feel that it is likely to seek another extension.
The Supreme Court had initially given the telecom department four months to conduct the aution while cancelling the licences in February but then extended the deadline to Aug 31.
- The Woolwich 'beheading' is straight out of al-Qaeda's terror manual
- Not a drop of Cauvery for people on its banks
- Dalit discrimination 'forms' in colleges
- Marine turtles giving Kerala a miss
- New mango named Nirbhaya after gang-rape victim
- Shortage of essential TB drug heightens risk to patients, others
- Four years of UPA-II
- Nine years as PM: What will be Manmohan Singh's legacy?
- Names of UPA ministers will surface in IPL spot-fixing: Swamy
- Knowledge and faith
- CM can go his way: Ramesh Chennithala
- BrahMos missile test fired from Russian warship
- IPL ban, takeover of BCCI sought
- Spot-fixing: CSK owner's relative under police scanner for Vindu connection
- IPL Eliminator: Brad Hodge helps Royals beat Sunrisers
- BSNL Ernakulam posts Rs 390-crore turnover