ITC bags UN award for world business development
By PTI - NEW DELHI
22nd June 2012 01:02 PM
Diversified business firm ITC Ltd on Thursday said it has received the '2012 World Business and Development Award' at the ongoing Rio+20 United Nations Summit in Brazil.
The award has been given for the transformational rural initiatives in social and farm forestry programmes in India undertaken by the company, ITC Ltd said in a statement.
The award has been instituted by various international agencies, including the United Nations Development Programme, the International Chamber of Commerce and the International Business Leaders Forum (IBLF), it added.
- For team Rahul, it’s good politics that will yield rich dividends for poor Indians
- Four years of UPA-II
- Nine years as PM: What will be Manmohan Singh's legacy?
- Maharashtra’s aid to digitise rare manuscripts in Thanjavur
- 'Climate change may spell disaster for coastal economy'
- Lanka’s woman Thavil players fading away
- Pakistan's answer to electricity shortages: Don't wear socks
- All dead, no vultures fly in Andhra now!
- Suriya storms ahead of Vijay, Ajith online
- Incredible India! Cuppa at Rs 1,200 is Chiru’s idea of sustainable tourism
- Chennai Super Kings beat Mumbai Indians, reach IPL finals
- BSNL Ernakulam posts Rs 390-crore turnover
- Meghalaya's CMJ University faces probe after awarding suspicious PhDs
- Vindu Dara Singh nabbed for IPL scam links
- Man arrested for attempt to attack TV host Ranjini Haridas
- CCTV must for BPUT exam centres