Hiring activity in banking down 13%
By ENS Economic Bureau - BANGALORE
14th March 2013 09:38 AM
Underpressure banking sector in India has seen a sequential dip of 13% in hiring activities.
However, online job portal, Naukri Job Speak Index states that the total hiring activity in February 2013 is 4% when compared to January 2013 as well as 9% higher than February 2012. Though there were signs of upward movement in some sectors, oil & gas as well as insurance saw a 9% decline.
According to the index, the auto sector saw stable hiring levels while capital goods, software services and pharma sector saw an 9%, 5% and 2 per cent respectively in their hiring levels in Feb-13 over Jan-13.
City-wise, Pune and Kolkata saw the highest amount of hiring activity with 9% increase while Chennai saw a 6% increase and Delhi with 4%. Bangalore and Mumbai registered a 3% increase, according to the index. “Firms will be more particular about recruiting the right talent and increments will also be rolled to employees with meaningful contributions to the firm” said Hitesh Oberoi, Managing Director and CEO, Info Edge India.
The index also showed positive signs for professionals across functional areas as the highest demand was seen for professionals in HR, software services and accounts domains where which moved up by 9%, 8% and 7 per cent respectively in February 2013 over Jan-13. Sales and engineering design professionals saw 3% and 2% increase in demand while professionals in banking domain saw about 8% dip in hiring levels during the same time period.
- The Woolwich 'beheading' is straight out of al-Qaeda's terror manual
- Not a drop of Cauvery for people on its banks
- Dalit discrimination 'forms' in colleges
- Marine turtles giving Kerala a miss
- New mango named Nirbhaya after gang-rape victim
- Shortage of essential TB drug heightens risk to patients, others
- Four years of UPA-II
- Nine years as PM: What will be Manmohan Singh's legacy?
- There is betting link even in Sree's company
- Sahara Group accuses the BCCI of Betrayal
- Police summon CSK boss on spot-fixing
- IPL ban, takeover of BCCI sought
- Bride-to-be found with head smashed
- Names of UPA ministers will surface in IPL spot-fixing: Swamy
- Top LeT militant killed in encounter
- CBSE kids in fix as colleges begin enrolling