GMR synchronises first 350mw unit of Kamalanga plant in Odisha
By PTI - MUMBAI
29th January 2013 03:36 PM
Diversified conglomerate GMR Group today said it has synchronised the first unit of its 1050 mw coal-fired power plant at Kamalanga in Odisha with the central grid.
This is the group's second coal-based plant to be synchronised, according to a statement issued here.
The Bangalore-based company is developing 3x350 mw project in Odisha, and work on the second and third units is in progress, it said.
The project has been implemented on multiple packages concept and is the first IPP in Odisha under MoU to have synchronised with the grid.
The Kamalanga project will cater to the power needs of various states including Odisha, the statement added.
- You are aiming high, but beware of marketers selling you as an FMCG
- With Advani visit, Modi begins charm offensive
- Social media goes martial over High Court's marital ruling
- Slum removal scheme tweaked to make it more effective
- Ready to tune in the lord, catch him up on Twitter
- 95 per cent stolen goods not recovered in Kerala, says NCRB
- Karnataka MLAs were frugal in their poll spending
- Now talcum powder linked to ovarian cancer
- Indian Coast Guards help rescue 26 crew from shipwreck near Yemen
- Army Major captures 'UFO' in Kerala
- Thousands missing near Kedarnath shrine
- Callgate: Doctors were prime target for Biju, Saritha Nair
- Congress raking up secularism issue to hide its failures: BJP
- Learnt to embrace simplicity from SRK: Puvisha
- Prices of 348 drugs to come down drastically from May 15
- Congress to vote in Nitish government's favour today