Mercedes-Benz to recall 922 cars in China
By IANS - BEIJING
27th October 2012 01:09 PM
Mercedes-Benz China will recall 922 cars with defective airbags that could fail to protect passengers in the event of a collision, China's consumer quality watchdog said.
The recall will involve 922 cars from the company's E200, E260 and E350 Coupe product lines manufactured between April 2 and June 29, the General Administration of Quality Supervision, Inspection and Quarantine said in a statement.
The statement said seams on the airbags are prone to splitting after the bags are inflated during a collision, rendering them ineffective, reported Xinhua.
The company will offer free airbag replacements starting from Nov 28.
- You are aiming high, but beware of marketers selling you as an FMCG
- Deadly year for encephalitis feared in India
- A mobile phone for Kerala CM, finally
- India becomes Kenya's largest Asian trading partner
- Pakistan's Punjab government allocates millions for JuD centre
- Wedlock valid only if consummated: High Court
- Underworld has betting syndicates in vice-like grip
- NCRB report: 1,316 juveniles booked for rape last year
- Indian Coast Guards help rescue 26 crew from shipwreck near Yemen
- Army Major captures 'UFO' in Kerala
- Now pay less for roaming calls, texts
- Callgate: Doctors were prime target for Biju, Saritha Nair
- 73 dead, over 71,000 stranded as rains batter Uttarakhand, UP
- Congress raking up secularism issue to hide its failures: BJP
- Wedlock valid only if consummated: HC
- Prices of 348 drugs to come down drastically from May 15